September 6, 2012

September 6, 2012

I'm sitting on the couch scouring the internet for the perfect color to paint my builder-grade, honey-oak kitchen cabinets (for the avid blog readers, yes I am still obsessed with finding the perfect color) when I realized that it is September which is CHILDHOOD Cancer Awareness Month. So first things first, I hopped on Facebook to check on my babies (otherwise known as all of the kids I have met with cancer). I couldn't help but grin when the Facebook stalker page immediately came up with Justin's mighty mighty handsome little face. See below. I love these kids and miss seeing them. I was actually a little emotional about it when we left the Ronald last time. It had been our home since April and even the kids whose names you don't know, you get use to seeing them running around. They end up being kind of like family.
(FYI to everyone, I am terrible about communicating back and forth, but I try to keep up; if you need me and Facebook doesn't work, email me or call or text. Eventually something is bound to get my attention!)
Anyhow, since finding out Clayton was HAMA positive, I have retreated into my own little bubble trying not to think to much about cancer. I needed to get away from it so I didn't dwell too much on my fears. Well, in all my selfishness, I missed the first few days of the most important month of the year! September is all about the kids. So I'll try and catch up on any fundraisers/blood drives going on this month and let y'all know. But since it is awareness month, I figured I would give everyone a glimpse into the little details that go into having a child with cancer. The things you don't otherwise see in the blog. So over the weekend, I'm going to get that together and work on finishing a Clayton video I have been working on and I'll start putting together a post showing everyone what life with cancer is like...at least for us. Be back soon...

Absolutely. Love. This. Kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment