September 11, 2013

September 11, 2013

Sorry for the lack of updates.  Friday night we got to have an overnight pass and since things went great, they discharged us Saturday morning.  Usually they like you to stay local for a day or two, but since we had been inpatient for more than a week post op and Clayton seemed to be doing well, the doctor told us we could go ahead and head home if we liked.  We liked.  So we snuck home Saturday and got in that evening.  Things have been good at home.  Some days Clayton walks a decent amount and other days he doesn't want to walk at all.  He is hard to handle right now since he doesn't walk a lot, can't get up and down on his own with the cast and weighs so much with the cast.  All of this makes it hard for our mothers to handle him on their own.  Plus he can't ride in a regular car seat right now. Things will be like this for the next month, but hopefully will get better when the cast is removed.  George and I can say for sure that if I had not resigned from my job before this trip, I would have had to resign once I got back.  Clayton can't go to school and is a little much for our moms to handle right now, plus he wants me.  I really am the only one that can care for him right now.  Which is awesome that I get to be with him, but a little hard too.  Things are going pretty good though.  More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment