February 4, 2015

Freedom!

So the bug as been doing good since his procedure Friday.  Sunday I asked him to let me take a picture and this is what he did...

I just fell more in love with my kid.  Pure awesomeness!  You have to understand that him posing and/or smiling for pictures is a new thing.  Like as in the past couple of weeks new.  I love it!  Just wish that lighting was better.
Anyhow he was SO good with his catheter all weekend.  And since the medical supply folks updated their catheter "stay-in-place" system it worked awesome!  Usually, we have to retape a bazillion times over the duration of his catheters, but not this time!  Anyhow I took it out Monday morning at home which makes everything easier.  After, Clayton was clearly enjoying his return to freedom.  No. More. Tubes.
I'm not sure if I mentioned this in everything before, but last Monday we found his creatinine was rising again.  With that in mind, the doctors used a stent with a larger diameter this time; hoping to allow for better drainage.  So we will see if that makes any difference.  I also mentioned the best case scenario before...I should add that that only works if Clayton continues to be free of things like UTIs and kidney stones and other negative side effects from having a stent in place.  If he starts having any issues, then they have to make a new plan altogether.  So as usual, we just wait and see.


No comments:

Post a Comment