June 5, 2016

Food Love Friday: Fresh Tomato, Basil and Mozzarella Chicken and PeachCobbler

I love food.  I mean look at me.  If you knew me before Clayton's cancer and you know me now, then you probably noticed that food comforted me well in my troubled times through Clayton's hospital days.  And during those days in NYC I discovered my absolute adoration for all things fresh mozzarella and basil.  It is a winning combination that can't be beat.  So when I came across THIS recipe on Pinterest, I had to try it...and it did not disappoint.   


We also have been rolling in peaches lately thanks to our adolescent, but very fruitful peach tree.  And George was begging me for peach cobbler...so I obliged.  I remember the days when Burris Farm Market was Burris'.  It was a thing you did and their peach cobbler was a staple.  While those days have passed, I still fondly remember their peach cobbler and found that THIS classic peach cobbler by Paula Dean fits the bill pretty close.  I have been tweaking it slightly trying to find how healthy I can make it without sacrificing its awesomeness.  I've done a rustic version and a classic version...anyway when I get it perfect in my head, I'll let you know, but until then I love THIS Paula Dean version.  It's simple and classic and perfect with vanilla ice cream.


HAPPY EATING!

No comments:

Post a Comment