November 20, 2016

November Update

So my last post was kind of pathetic.  Sorry about that.  I was and still am exhausted.  As soon as we got home from Orlando, everying rolled right into caring for a sick Clayton and a sick George.  Both of whom ended up having to go to the doctor a week ago for antibiotics. 


 And then of course, I got sick too.  George is feeling pretty good now, Clayton still has a little cough and runny nose and since I was the caboose on our snot train, I'm lagging the most, but should be in good enough shape come Thanksgiving that I can taste my food!  Thankfully, I think we are on the good side of things now and I'm trying to recover from this emotionally charged past month.  


Oh and then our washer has been acting up and last night it flooded our laundry room with a half inch of water.  While me and Clayton were home alone...lovely.


And finally, George is compelting his final three weeks of school ever!!!!  He will soon be a college grad and the last few weeks are filled with lots of papers and writing.  Which is a team sport around here because English was not George's favorite subject so I do his proofreading, spellchecking, etc for him.  Everyone pray he makes it through these final days.  We have been through a lot together.  In fact, we have been through many of the kinds of things they say break couples apart.  Well let me just tell you, nothing has come as close to "breaking" us as his school.  I am a nerd.  Books, reading, school, I'm just a proud nerd.  George...not so much.  He wanted his degree, but man it has been a struggle to motivate him some days (for good reason because he works full time too and then of course there is Clayton).  We are just so polar opposite when it comes to learning that he makes a crumby student for me and I make a crappy tutor for him.  It has not been the best combination.  But I'll be dang, he is almost done.  Thank you God.

My mom got to see a picture of Clayton's troubled renal area that requires him to have a stent and she can tell you just how mucked up it is.  She couldn't believe the number of staples that where all around that area causing some of the problems.  The staples and the scar tissue are just messing him up.  The doctor was very pleased with what he was able to do in this recent surgery though.  This will likely be the last stent before his major kidney surgery.  The doctors will probably try and get this stent to last a year to a year and a half before making their next move.  Typically stents don't last that long in the renal system, but Clayton handles them very well.  I was very pleased with our Orlando experience and that makes me feel much better about major surgeries there in the future.  I will say this though...the hospital was only a couple blocks from the Pulse nightclub and driving by it was quite eerie.
We now get to have a quiet holiday provided there are no emergencies.  Our next appointments will be making a trip back to Dallas.  That will be in the new year.  So we can breathe for a little bit and soak in the holiday merriment.  Clayton is diving into the winter wonderland spirit everywhere you look.  I saw Santa in his sleigh being pulled across my counter by two beagle beanie babies just last night.  And don't get me started on Frosty.


Now that my sense of smell and taste is returning as I'm starting to get better from my cold, I've dived into cooking again.  I love cooking, but since my last pregnancy, it has not been the same for me for some reason.  This is the first time I feel like me stepping back into the kitchen.  Yesterday, I made some homemade fresh mozzerella, tomato and basil pizzas.  And today, I made homemade artisan bread and a tomato and onion pie for lunch and homemade spaghetti for dinner.  I love to be in the kitchen cooking, but I truly do have to be in the right mindset.  


Feeling good again.


No comments:

Post a Comment