July 28, 2016

Things That Make Me Say Yeah: Healing with Plants

Part of my evolution in the way I think, eat and live has been to lean more on plants and their natural healing power.  Now, by my own admission, though I passionately believe in these principles of living, I have not been as steadfast in my daily living as I would have liked.  I made a conscious decision before I turned 30 that I was going to do better and be stronger because I know my body is going to go through a lot in the next 30 years and I want it to have the best fighting chance I can give it to be strong, healthy and carry my soul through a long vibrant life.  So June 14th I gave up processed sugars.  It's only been just over a month, but if you knew me on a daily basis you would know what a HUGE deal that is for me.  I spent my first 30 years keeping sugar farmers in business.  I had a very true and very serious sugar addiction.  Sugar addiction is real people.  Sugar was my drug of choice.  But I'll save that for another post about my struggle with my weight.  So I went one month completely processed sugar free.  I have also been trying to focus on fitting plants into my diet more than ever.  And while I am not a vegetarian by any means, I do believe that plants have the power to heal our bodies and so today's favorites focus on plants.  Hope you find one of these things useful/inspiring in your own life!



I gave this book to to my brother-in-law and his wife for Christmas and have been wanting a copy for myself.  I finally used some birthday money to nab a copy from Amazon.  This books warms my heart.  It's rustic and simple and vintage and nutrient rich all wrapped up in this beautiful little package.  I love it.


For a year now, I have been drinking a smoothie every day with few exceptions.  And while I love my golden flax and chia seeds, I love this protein even more.  I love that it is 100% from plants and organic.  It's good for my body and good for the earth.  I love the taste it adds to my smoothies and its easy to order right off of Amazon.

I might have added more to this post, but I have a distraction in my lap demanding my attention...


I know this is a horrible picture, but I love how it makes the bling in the back of his mouth shine :)



No comments:

Post a Comment