September 8, 2016

Back In The Saddle and Belated Medical Monday

Sorry I've been so absent.  We have honestly been overwhelmed with family stuff lately and getting George settled into his last semester.  Beyond those two things, I've been a bit of a zombie.  I literally did not even realize how long it had been since posting.  Here are some snippets of what we've been up to along with a belated Medical Monday update at the bottom.  I promise to be back regularly again with things like:


  • Clayton lessons and family problems
  • Clayton 101
  • Clayton's November procedure
  • The complete rundown of how we built our house for cheap along with interior pics.
  • Explanation of my antique booth and what the proceeds are for.
  • What happen to The GCCCF
  • Some of my favorite Etsy finds
  • My weight journey and underlying medical issue
  • The answer of if more babies are in our future
  • How and why we are unplugging our lives more and more and how it's helping
...and a lot more I've just not gotten to before.

So stay tuned and keep coming back!  In the mean time, here is a little bit of our last few weeks:

When we moved in our house, we had lots of projects to finish in the house.  This included adding a few more cabinets in the kitchen as well as later finishing them out with trim, etc.  So we made what feels like a HUGE update by adding a cabinet above the fridge which previously looked like this:

Except not clean.  Top of fridge stayed piled with stuff.
And now we have this...only with cabinet doors now...


I also went through all my saved receipts and updated my spreadsheet to find out just how much we have spent on our house so far.  I'll post on that soon and start showing some pictures of just where that money has gotten us by finally showing some inside pictures.


I've also been adding a lot to the antique booth.  I haven't posted a ton on this, but will come back and do that soon too.



Oh, and in one last recent house update, we have been adding some base boards.  This one gets a great big FINALLY!  I could have lived without them, though yes they look great aesthetically.  But truth be told, there has been a learning curve for us moving to our little house in the woods.  Lots of which are oak trees.  Guess who loves oak trees?  Roaches.  Eek.  Well, when we moved in there was a lot of sealing we never finished; caulking around pipe holes, baseboards, etc.  We have never never had a problem with roaches before and I know its because we are surrounded by trees and we have to now work harder to seal up entry points, spray and such.  Don't get me wrong there was no infestation just more than I felt was normal.  In our previous houses we might see a roach a month, maybe.  While we didn't see them during the winter months here, we were seeing too many this summer.  Blah. Not cool.  We had to do something immediately.  Living in the woods roaches are just a whole different kind of battle.  My parents have horror stories about some of their sheds in the back of their property.  And you do not want to open our chicken coop at night.  It will freak. you. out.  So in come the baseboards blocking some of the little buggers entry points.

Before Baseboards
After baseboards

And I am happy to report we are already seeing a difference!  We sealed around pipes under cabinets, installed most of the baseboards, sprayed organic spray and even sealed places like where cables come through the walls and thank the Lord, not one roach since. So something we did blocked the nasty buggers thankfully.  Woot, woot!  Like I said...learning curve.

We've also been doing lots of cleaning out because our parents keep sending us home with stuff they've cleaned out and we didn't need another dang thing to begin with.  So I have been working towards cleaning out everything I hadn't already gotten to...like Clayton's medical supply drawers.  Yes, he had two whole drawers of just medical supplies.  Catheters, port access kits, sterile urine bags, medical tape, needles, inhalers, etc.  Fun times.


So medical update for Clayton:

We have been told they are trying to arrange a procedure in Orlando for Clayton's complicated stent replacement in November maybe.  We are waiting to hear specifics.  Other than that, we do have some upcoming cancer scans and I'll let you know as soon as we get those done.
Other then that we have had another blood sugar issue with Clayton so I think we need to see a doctor about that now.
:(

No comments:

Post a Comment