September 22, 2016

Fall Has Come...


The first day of fall...oh how I love this time of year.  Now matter what is going on it always makes me feel peaceful.


Oranges, golds and reds...mums just waiting to bloom and pumpkins of every shape, size and color...


Been adding some fall touches to the house...


Even Clayton's room is getting some  Fall/October love...


I raided Target's Halloween clearance last year and got three of these jack-o-lanterns. They are all slightly different and while I normally like real, natural decorations, I thought they were a perfect festive nightlight for Autumn for the wee man's room.  He loves little festive touches whatever the holiday.
FYI... Target has similar jack-o-lanterns this year too.  I scored mine after Halloween last year for $2.38 each!  Totally worth the smile they put on his face.
I was just telling my sister the other day, as I have George many times, that I am in this unique position of having a child that for the most part never has to grow up like the rest of us.  He doesn't have to grow into adult responsibilities, worries or burdens.  Not the way the rest of us do.  So I am in this ridiculously fun position of getting to build him a life that is as whimsical and magical as he can imagine.  That is such a gift for me as a mother I think.  Clayton's health robbed us of so much time, and God is giving it back to us in this challenging, but extraordinary way.
I hope I can live to 100+ making each day for Clayton more special and magical than the last.  Which is also hoping Clayton has a long life too.
Which brings me to a specific prayer request...Please pray whenever it crosses your mind for Clayton to have a long peaceful life, but for him to never be left alone on this earth without someone to love him and care for him the way he deserves.
Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment