May 2, 2013

May 2, 2013

I hate waiting for Clayton. Its always the same, I walk back to the room for testing and hold him while they push propofol through his line. I have to be careful to cradle his head because the medication hits quickly and he goes limp. It's the same each time, his eyes roll back in his head, he gives a lazy yawn and then I gently lay him down on the thin table they will use to slide him into the machine. Then I'm left to walk away with an empty stroller. It is a horrible feeling, but a process I have to repeat over and over.
Waiting on him to wake up, then we have a four hour urine collection and MIBG injection at 2. Another full day of screening!

There is a little boy sitting beside me with his mother. He is upset about is impending bone marrows. He asked if the doctors are going to trick him. His mother said no. He then said, "If you lie to me one more time you are going to be in so much trouble!". And follows it a few worries later with, "If they trick me one more time I am going to be so angry!". Then his mom told him, "no finger in your mouth" as he sat there picking his boogers and eating them, and he came back with, "I don't care, its my angry day." These poor kids. It makes me both happy and sad that Clayton can't say these things to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment