May 5, 2013

Sunday, May Something

I'm not even sure what day it is today and I don't really care because I'm not sure that part of my brain is functioning at the moment. The day and time just don't matter to me. I know hours and minutes. I know that yesterday morning, for thirty minutes I was scared out of my mind. I know it has been 24 hours since Clayton had some unknown episode in a taxi that led to a 911 call and then the hospital. I know we have about 23 hours left on the EEG we are currently doing to look for any seizure activity. I know that we are suppose to start 3f8 in 24 hours. But what day it is just doesn't matter. Knowing the day will not hep me figure out what went wrong. Knowing the day will not prevent these freak things from continuing to happen to us.
Clayton and I got in a cab Saturday morning to run an errand, and a couple minutes in Clayton started coughing. The coughing got worse and then he started yawning, became pale, limp and his eyes started rolling back in his head. I had no idea what was going on as the episode continued to escalade. All of this took place between 73rd on the East Side and 94th on the West Side. We were far from the Ronald or MSKCC and it was only Clayton and I in NYC. The whole thing was unexpected, scary and on top of that I felt very alone. Not knowing what was going on, I called 911 and they came and got us. Whatever happened, Clayton recovered on his own. We first went to the ER at New York Presbyterian and then got to come to MSKCC were we have been in the POU since Saturday night. While Clayton and I waited for George to fly in that night, Clayton's Uncle Mickey came over from Brooklyn to keep us company.
It is crazy the number of mysteries that surround my child. We have no idea if what happened was a seizure or something as simple as him fainting. Had we not just finished doing all of our cancer screening, that would have been the first thing on their list. Instead, we have done an EKG, which was perfect and an EEG, which we are waiting on the results of. Now we wait to see if treatment is still on this week...

Sorry for the lack of detail...I'm too tired to care today.







No comments:

Post a Comment