December 18, 2014

Be Positive...Get It?! :)

The thing about waiting and wondering...it sucks.  On the one hand since all this news came about, I have been trying to prepare for the days when Clayton and I won't be home.  On the other hand, I have also found myself trying to go about my days as though nothing will change.  Trying to forget about it if you will.  I hate having to do either one.  
Generally speaking Clayton has been good this week.  The blood pressure medication is already helping withs his BPs and he's adapting fairly well to his diet changes.  He goes in and out of spurts of energy and those of rest.  It is hard for us to tell though if it is related to kidney issues or his back or what.  Last week he seemed to have swelling in his face in the evenings and since making our changes this week, I have not noticed the swelling and he also seems to be peeing better during the day.  Both are good signs that the changes are hopefully buying us that time through the holidays.  We see docs and do labs again on Monday.  Bring on the prayers!

Thank you to all of those who have already volunteered their lovely kidneys to Clayton!  I am not yet sure when I will learn more about how all of that will work.  There are so many things yet to figure out.  I can say this though for all you eager donors.  Clayton's blood type is B+ so any donor would have to be a compatible blood type.  I am pretty sure I am a match.  The only problem is that I have had kidney stones and my father has a history of renal cancer, so I am not sure if they would consider me an acceptable donor.  There are lots of stipulations to being an acceptable donor.  Weight, blood pressures, history of diabetes, history of cancer, history of kidney stones and even a history of psychological issues can all lead to a donor being turned down.  So all of this will be quite the process.  Step one will be to see if I would be an acceptable donor.  In which case if I am, who's taking care of me and Clayton post op?  Should be interesting.

P.S. my last post was not me dropping a hint about wanting a mani pedi.  I do NOT want one for multiple reasons...Mom.  I was only making a point.  

1 comment:

  1. You have such an interesting blog. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed reading your posts. All the best for your future blogging journey.

    ReplyDelete