December 22, 2014

Ri-donk-ulous

The randomness that is our life is astounding.  I can't believe the crap that happens to us.  I mean really.
So yesterday my niece and nephews, Clayton and myself were at my mothers.  I walked back to my house and 10 or 15 minutes later got a call they were bringing Clayton down, he fell and wasn't acting right.  Clayton and my nephew were on the bottom 3 steps at my moms playing individually.  Clayton got excited (as he often does) and grabbed my nephew and they lost their balance falling down the bottom 3 steps.  Clayton actually landed on my nephew, but somehow managed to hit his head on my nephew's chest hard enough that he was showing symptoms of a concussion.  We monitored him last night, but he seemed to narrowly avoid the red flags that would have sent us to the ER.  This morning we headed to Nemours for our weekly visit with his nephrologist. And Clayton began getting nauseas on the way over.  Again as we got out of the car for our appointment he began vomiting.  So we loaded back up and drove to the pediatric ER on the other side.
In an hours time, he was hooked to fluids, had his port accessed, had a CT and X-ray done, labs drawn and the doctor was in to tell us their findings.  Love their efficiency and pure awesomeness!
The conclusion is that he has a subdural hematoma.  They are admitting him overnight and doing another CT tomorrow.  The neurosurgeon said he does not think surgery is needed.  Be back later with more...

You see what I mean though?  How do these freak things keep happening to us! The whole thing is quite unbelievable.


No comments:

Post a Comment