April 25, 2012

April 25, 2012

Hopefully today will be a slow day for us, so I'll answer some questions. If anybody ever has a question, leave a comment and if it's something I'm comfortable answering, then I surely will.

How big is his incision?
Roughly 8 in. 

Is the RM house close to the hospital?
Yes. It is about three and half blocks from where we are now at NY Presbyterian and five blocks from Memorial Sloan.

What is the hospital room like?
It is a big room with three patient beds and a nurses station. Each bed has a corner with a privacy curtain. There are usually two nurses at the station.

A larger view:
 
Nurses Station and our area:


and a peek inside our area:



The only other new update is that we now have a neuroblastoma neighbor in our PICU room. It is a two-year old little girl - cute as a button, seriously precious! Dr. La Quaglia resected her tumor yesterday. Ironically, she too has the rhinovirus. Also I didn't get up with the Stapleton family last night, but we will today. George bumped into them though.
All Clayton's numbers look good and we are still looking to extubate him on Friday.

Here are some random trip pics:

2 comments:

  1. Love looking at the pictures, especially I love how Clayton's favorite place is the dresser drawer! SOOO cute! Glad to see he has his "Cars" quilt with him. Praying Clayton will come out looking like a champ with the extubation on Friday. I am betting on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just take a moment to say that you as parents are amazing!!! The courage, strength, love, & utter FAITH you show is an inspiration! I don't know what I would do in your situation, I pray I never find out, but you are an amazing testament that through faith and love anything is possible! I will to pray for Clayton and his healing, but I also pray for you to continue in your faith and strength!

    ReplyDelete