June 15, 2012

June 13th & 14th, 2012

So Wednesday Clayton and I ended up taking a three hour walk. The weather never got pretty, but we walked anyway. At one point we kind of got trapped on a path circling the biggest lake of Central Park. The way the path was, once you got on, there weren't a lot of exits that were stroller friendly. So we just kept going; even when it started to mist, we just had to keep going. We were likely to reach a shelter, if needed, just as fast going around the lake as we would have trying to exit the path and search one out. Not knowing what the weather was going to do, there was a point where I was scared the mist was about to turn into a heavy shower, so I started to jog. This seemed to amuse Clayton. Maybe he liked going fast, or maybe he just thought his mom looked like an idiot running in the rain, either way it was nice to see him laugh. Then right before we made it around, this one jogger passed us and as he did so said, "This path is for joggers only, strollers aren't allowed." Really? You really want to pick on the bald kid and his mom? I am not from there and had no idea, but we were taking up less than three feet of a path at least ten feet wide. And there was no one else around us. All I can say is I'm a little feisty these days so it is a good thing he kept on running because even as he did so I hollered after him to "bite me". Anyway, once we made it around the lake, we preceded to take a nice leisurely stroll through the park back in the direction of the RMH. Then we found ourselves in what is known as the Ramble. If you like to watch birds or want to pretend your hiking somewhere cool and that you don't live in a concrete jungle, then the Ramble is for you. HOWEVER, if you are in a hurry or have to pee or have seen a few to many episodes of Law & Order SVU and are by yourself, then the ramble is definitely not for you. Go. Around. Don't get me wrong though, we enjoyed ourselves overall. It is probably good for me to get lost when I'm trying to exercise. It means I can't make excuses and head for home. Because I don't know where that is! I kid. Well, a little.
You have to forgive me, it is 1:30 am on what is now Friday morning, so I'm not sure how much sense this will make later.
Anyway, we collected Clayton's urine over a 24 hour period from Wenesday to Thursday and took it back to the hospital Thursday afternoon. Hopefully that will give them what they need. Thursday was a quiet day. We took about a hour and a half walk. We went to Central Park again, but from a different direction than before and yet I ended up in that dang Ramble area again! Somebody needs to tell them its in the way.
Clayton is doing good though. He will get up on is own from time to time, but I am still having to encourage him to walk around a bit. Whenever he is walking though he gets so tickled with himself. His counts were all good when they were checked earlier in the week and he is continuing to have only minimal bleeding from his bladder. Now that you've read my narrative about walking, that's all...

2 comments:

  1. Rachel...I love your Blog and am so impressed with your knowledge. So very sorry y'all are having to go thru so much and will continue praying for Clayton and your family. Stay strong...you are a fantastic Mother!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, You don't know me. We go to church with Sue and Mickey and we pray for Clayton everyday. You are one brave and courageous mom and my hat's off to you! God is good and He is with you every step of the way, even when it doesn't seem like He's there. I think that's just the way He works. Blessings and prayers, Beverly and Gorman

    ReplyDelete