October 23, 2012

October 19th, 20th, 21st, 2012

I started writing this post on Friday, so it flows from Friday being the present to the past, but I just didn't change it. Anyway, here she blows...
Today stunk for various reasons, but I am sitting in the dining room of the Ronald waiting to meet up with another mom and it just makes me feel better. There are a group of kids from various families sitting to my left laughing and giggling. Then there is a dad and two of his kids sitting down on the right laughing at Tru TV. Everyone is just in their PJ's hanging out like their at home...because they kind of are. This place is so amazing. I have never been in a RMH that has such a sense of community. The regulars and semi regulars are all just family. At the end of a long day, it just makes everything a little better. And it was a long day...
For one reason or another, I just started having anxiety while Clayton was in surgery. It wasn't necessarily because of the surgery, just in general. Then I found out that there was a flub (otherwise known as a mistake) over at Make-a-Wish and so they have not yet scheduled a trip for us to go to Disney; which means it might not get to happen in November...they say definitely in December though. Not really sure what to think will happen yet.
Then the lady from the bank told me our refinancing/home improvement loan was not going to work out because the appraisal did not come back like she had anticipated. Why she anticipated that our home value would have grown nearly $60,000 in value in two and half years...in the middle of a recession...I don't know. So she flubbed too, but the good news is that the appraisal showed our home value has grown $1,000 since we bought it! It's the little things :). And since the loan to value ratio doesn't satisfy the bank, no refinancing for us.
Then all of the sedations, early mornings and odd schedules for Clayton meant that he was continuing to have some urine retention, so we were in he hospital from 6am Friday morning until 5:45pm Friday evening waiting on him to pee and when he didn't, we did yet another straight catheter. Way to end the trip.
And of course, my mother had left on Thursday and though my grandmother was coming up on Friday afternoon to help us get home Saturday, being alone always adds another level of anxiety.
The port placement and Hickman removal went great though and we got home safe on Saturday morning. BUT then we were sitting in the living room and George kept looking at Clayton and looking at me and finally said, "Is he missing a tooth?"
Huh? What the, how did that happen, holy crap. Sure enough, he was missing a tooth, and we have no idea what happened to it. I'm scared that I somehow did it fighting him to get his medicine down. I'm not sure how I would have done it, but it is driving me nuts not knowing what happened.
So it has been an interesting few days, but we are home, we don't have to go back for at least four weeks, he is happy and he is still NED!!! So tooth or no tooth, things are pretty good. Happy to be home and now it is on to party planning. Clayton's 4th birthday is November 5th and we want to give him an amazing party. Lots of brainstorming...

Oh and the cutest thing in the world, Sunday night we told in it was time for night night and he scooped up his pumpkin and crawled in bed. The next morning I had forgot about it and pulled the covers off of him trying to wake him up for school and there it was...

No comments:

Post a Comment