October 4, 2012

October 3, 2012

Well last night wasn't fun. Just like the last round, this round seems to be generating some very restless nights. I don't think Clayton went more than twenty minutes without stirring last night. Needless to say I'm beat.
Then one of the 3f8 nurses noticed his shirt was wet at the end of treatment and long story short, we discovered his Hickman had a crack in it. It felt like the end of an era. We have heard countless stories about kids having to have theirs replaced time and time again and we have managed to keep his for almost one full year. Oh well. After some debate on what to do, the surgical nurses repaired it and we are going to try and make it work for us until he gets his port October 19. However, once the Hickman was repaired we still have to wait 24 hours before using it, which meant that we had to stick him and do a peripheral IV.
The treatment itself is still in line with the first round so we are doing OK from that aspect. Just tired. Still waiting on Clayton to have a bowel movement, which I know might be TMI, but nothing now means lots of discomfort on the way, so it's a big deal.
I think that is it...
Oh on and unrelated note, something I found out today and that I am just ecstatic about and wanted to shout to the world is we got approved to refinance our mortgage! We have some home improvements that have needed to be done, but were not emergencies like our rotting issue we had a couple of months back. Well we didn't have the out of pocket money to do these, so I did some research, checked with the bank and we got approved to refinance our house and add in a small home improvement loan. The AWESOME part is that because our rate will be reduced by more than a point, we will be paying more than $100 less a month! And that is with the little bit extra to make those improvements! I apologize for sharing too much, if you can't tell, I am super proud of myself for working this whole thing out. I apparently am also juvenile saying that I am "super proud of myself "; I guess it is a good thing I didn't say I was "super duper proud of myself"...because I am.
Now that I have shown my age and just how tired I really am, I am going to sign off. If only I had something catchy to say like "Seacrest Out."
OK now I am really done because I am showing my inner dork not to mention just being lame. I'll just blame it on the exhaustion. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment