October 19, 2012

Please Pray...

I am absolutely heartbroken right now. Matthew's mom reported that the doctors told her there is no longer any hope of a "cure", rather any treatment would only be to prolong life. She and her husband are faced with gut-wrenching decisions about whatever time they have left. Their options are to either put him through a round of high dose chemo in conjunction with another therapy and a round of 3f8 in hopes of forcing the cancer to remain stable or to head home and pursue unconventional options while enjoying every day they have left with him.
I am sitting here in recovery with Clayton right now crying at the thought of this. I have been blessed with the opportunity to meet Matthew and his brother Dilynn and they are such a joy. Every time I see them I smile. So full of life, you would never know what evil lies beneath the surface. I cannot imagine his mother's pain, she and her husband are in the place we all pray to never have to be. It is not fair. I hurt so badly for them, but I know it is nothing compared to their own pain and that of their family. We saw them this morning getting prepped for surgery. Clayton had been screaming like crazy, while they where taking vitals and hooking him up to fluids and when we came out, there they were. Matthew had this semi-shocked look on his face and before I knew it, I just blurted out, "Don't worry Matthew, they weren't hurting him, I promise." I have know clue if that is what he was thinking or not, I just remember thinking I hated for him to be scared of what was to come because he had to sit there and listen to Clayton scream like a mad man. Because they did not hurt Clayton in any way...I promise. He just doesn't want them near him...understandably.
Please Pray for Matthew and his family and for his mother to find whatever peace she needs to get through this because I know she must be torn. So no matter what higher power you might believe in, please pray that Matthew's family will find the peace that they need from God to help them through this difficult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment