July 9, 2013

About My Birthday...

So it turned out to be a pretty great birthday.  George and Clayton and the nurses made me some signs, then George and his mom decorated our room.  Clayton rolled around all day with signs saying that it was his momma's birthday. I got to get out of the hospital a bit in the morning and then George and I had the most amazing dinner at this place called Pappadeaux. BUT before our dinner, we did FaceTime with an up and coming country singer named Summerlyn Powers who collaborated with two other people to write a song inspired by Clayton.  This little girl is super talented and we are so honored by the song she collaborated on for Clayton.  It's called Angel Eyes.  I wish I could debut it here on the blog, but it won't be recorded until August when she heads to Nashville to record a few songs.  HOWEVER, if anyone is interested in hearing it live, I think she will be singing it at the Mulligan Ministries Golf tournament for Clayton this weekend!  I wish Clayton and I could be there, but obviously we are tied up here.  The song is so wonderful and such a tribute to Clayton.  Be prepared to cry especially if you are a momma!
Check out Summerlyn at the link below...Pam Tillis is in her video!
http://www.cmt.com/artists/summerlyn-powers/

...and some pictures from my Birthday...complete with a picture of my Sweet Potato Pecan Pie Birthday Slice!






Try not to be too jealous of my super glamorous hospital room lifestyle...

No comments:

Post a Comment