July 16, 2013

July 16, 2013 2 p.m.

I don't know what the hell is going on.  Clayton just went downhill so quickly.  They are saying renal failure, there doesn't seem to be an explanation as to why it is going downhill so fast.  His kidney should not have been that dependent on that stent and even if it was, this is still a very steep downward slope.  It should have taken time.  It doesn't add up.  Even for acute renal failure this is exceptionally fast.  He doesn't deserve this shit!  I just don't get it and I feel like I'm going to hell because I have to keep OKing all these things we have to do to him.  
We just intubated him...about to do a nephrostomy tube without general anesthesia because his potassium levels are too high and we don't have time to wait on them to come down.  We need to do this now.  He is sedated with typical intubation meds though...I think I'm going to throw up...

1 comment:

  1. Clayton is in our thoughts and prayers! Love yall

    ReplyDelete