July 31, 2013

July 31. 2013

So we have yet to hear back on when we will do the cystoscope/ stent placement.  I have called, the doctors here have called and and Dr. Jacobs even called me Friday to say he had time this week to do it.  So why his scheduler has yet to communicate with myself or anyone at this hospital, I not know.  Dr. Sucato even personally called Dr. Jacobs last night to ask why we haven't heard anything.  Dr. Jacobs said he was unaware that his scheduler had not yet been in contact with us.  So we'll see...Its extra irritating because they are concerned about whether or not they will be able to get the stent in since the x-ray test did not show any urine going through his ureter.  This begged the urologist to wonder if Clayton may need another pyloplasty.  Just what we need!  I have told them that if he needs that we will not do it here, we will do it in Birmingham with the same man that did his original pyloplasty.  If the cystoscope determines he does need a pyloplasty...again...then that means we will need to have the nephrostomy bag until after his back surgery.  We would keep it through then, recover from his back surgery, and then essentially head straight off to Birmingham for the pyloplasty.  Oh what fun!  
This is why I had to leave my job.  Managing Clayton's health is a full time job and it takes everything I have to do this.  There is nothing left to give to friends or work.  For those of you who call or text and I don't answer or don't reply, please don't take it personally.  I'm just tired. I don't have anything to say and even if I love you, I don't often feel like small talk.  It isn't personal, it doesn't mean I don't care and I'm not trying to ignore you.  I just don't feel like small talk.  And when I'm home, I don't mean to be rude by not wanting to go to your house.  I'm a home body who rarely gets to be at home and I want to be at my house.  Again, it isn't personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment