May 28, 2012

Back in NYC

If Alabama and my house are my home, then NYC and MSKCC are like the "mother ship". It feels best to be at home, but if I have to be in a hospital then the "mother ship" is where I want to be. It feels so good to be here rather than USACW. I say that because I love that up here they have experience with this disease that can not be matched back home and with situations like we are experiencing, they can say, "we've seen that before.". Those two things bring a lot of comfort and peace to a hard situation.
So we here and they are going to do their thing. Right now we are back in the POU. I have already run into Zoey's mom which was awesome. I found out that we have taken over the room they've had for the past week. They are still here, but thankfully Zoey is finally stable enough to move to a normal room. Maybe while we're all here Zoey and Clayton can have a play date.
The only bad news I have is that Clayton's hemoglobin dropped from 9.2 this morning to 7.4 this afternoon. So now he is getting a transfusion. Otherwise, all of our tests for the week are still on. We are even going to move his CT up to tomorrow. They are hoping to do the cystoscopy right after the CT, but with the holiday weekend, they have to wait until tomorrow to schedule.
For now he's sleeping peacefully...

No comments:

Post a Comment