May 30, 2012

May 30, 2012

Clayton slept peacefully over night and all traces of blood in his urine cleared up! Score! He is uncomfortable though. Of course, he has plenty of reasons to be, but I think one of the big reasons is bladder spasms from everything yesterday. He is now on medicine for that though and they should go away.
We have just finished the CT and have pre-medicated him with Benadryl in preparation for the SSKI drops that are in preparation for the MIBG injection which is in preparation for the MIBG scan tomorrow. Did you get that?
Tomorrow will not be real fun. He will have to be NPO (no food or drink) for a while since he has to be sedated for the MIBG test. It is looking like that test will be in the afternoon too since we have yet to do the MIBG injection. Then after we do the MIBG scan tomorrow he has to have a bone marrow biopsy done. So lots to do...more later...

Oh and did I mention that in the middle of all of this they want him to get up and walk? That is a Dr. La Quaglia thing that I don't dare question. Last time I wasn't a fan because he was getting chemo and not feeling good on top of everything else, but Dr. La Quaglia likes it because it is good for their lungs post-op. So Clayton and I will try and suffer through it. I say, "and I", because if it's not fun for him you can bet it won't be fun for me either.

No comments:

Post a Comment